- In this book, Margaret Newman, an experienced couple and family counsellor and a member of a stepfamily herself, describes challenges that members of a stepfamily usually encounter.
- In her experience, stepfamily life is different, and therefore different solutions are needed to get it 'on track' and, more importantly, to help it survive.
- In this reassuring and straightforward book, Margaret Newman considers a wide range of stepfamily scenarios, and gives practical suggestions as to what to do in each case to overcome any difficulties.
- Stepfamily Life helps the reader to understand the dynamics of life in a stepfamily—what lies beneath the surface—and how to rationally approach each family issue concerning adults and children.
- Margaret Newman highlights the fact that while skills such as communication are very important, so too is self-awareness and a basic knowledge of family life.
- Using case studies and the experience of working with a broad range of stepfamily situations, Margaret Newman examines problem areas and explains what is happening and what to do about it.
- She shows how, despite the obstacles, a happy stepfamily life can be achieved.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.