- When Carlie, Harvey and Thomas J first arrive at the same foster home it seems they will never get on well together.
- They all have their own problems and Carlie has been suspicious of everybody since she was born!
- She tells her foster mother:
- "Harvey and me and Thomas J are just like pinballs... Somebody put in a dime, punched a button and we came out ready or not... and you don't see pinballs helping each other, do you?"
- But in the end Carlie has to change her mind because she learns that she can help people...
- A lovely hardback story.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.