- 'Yes, everyone knows they exist, ' Sky agreed, 'but the Catchers don't collect up children who belong to somebody.'
- 'And who do we belong to? Who'd come to get us back?'
- 11 year-old Sky has no answer for her little brother.
- Their parents, unable to find work, have abandoned them.
- Sky and Chip join the growing army of children who have taken to eking out a living as Pickers on the rubbish tips, living in shanties on the outskirts of the rich city.
- Sky refuses to accept her lot. She must find a way out. But how? And what sacrifices might she have to make?
- Shortlisted for the Sheffield Children's Book Award and nominated for the Carnegie Medal.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.