- Jimmy Jenkins lives alone with his mother at the top of a block of flats which is rapidly turning into a slum.
- Jimmy's unemployed mother spends most of her time watching the television with only the small red pills that the doctor has given her for her 'nerves' to keep her company.
- Jimmy and his friends create their own 'entertainment' in the drab concrete environment.
- The boys terrorize the drunken old tramps who sit in the garden of a dilapidated old house.
- Afterwards they play hide and seek but Jimmy's hiding place is turned into a trap and he cannot get out, despite his frantic efforts.
- Will anyone hear Jimmy's scream for help? Will anyone come to his aid? or will him remain trapped?
- Part of the Fiction Factory reader series of original texts.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.