- Licking the sugar from the sides of his mouth John said, 'This is lovely.'
- Mrs Quinn shrugged. 'It's only bread and sugar.'
- 'I've never eaten it before.'
- 'You're joking,' Anthony called over. 'Everybody eats bread and sugar.'
- It is 1948 and nine year-old John Doyle is settling into life at his grandparents' Dublin boarding house.
- Shy and lonely at first, John is soon drawn out of his shell by the spirited Anthony Quinn and his sister Patsy.
- But John still longs for his father, who has been missing in action for years.
- Will he ever return to find his family?
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.