- After a wild, drunken party, Paul Pennyfather is forced to leave Oxford and begin a new life out in the wide world.
- His experiences take him from a boys' private school in Wales, where he meets some strange people, to a life of luxury in a grand country house and the Ritz Hotel, and then to seven years' hard labour in prison.
- Where will it all end?
- The black humour of this story about English society in the 1920s is as fresh today as it was when the novel was first written.
- Part of the Oxford Bookworms Level 2 series aimed to help students improve their reading.
- Includes a glossary and exercises at the end of the story.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.