- It is the late summer of 1920 near Dublin. Nancy is eighteen years old; she is young and in love; she is growing up.
- She spends a lot of time writing in her diary in a beach hut. Here everything is quiet, but the Dublin newspapers are full of bombings and shootings.
- Then one day, Nancy meets a mysterious stranger on the beach and knows her life is about to change forever...
- Includes activities, a detailed introduction and clear information about the syllabus.
- Part of the Penguin Reader Level 5 Upper Intermediate series (2300 words).
- Penguin Readers are a series of simplified stories—from classics, bestsellers, film titles and original works—to introduce students to literature.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.