- Six hundred kilometres waste of Alice Springs lies Wala Wala, a tiny community of besser-brick huts adrift on the scrubby desert.
- An unorthodox group of white fringe dwellers minister to a floating population of tribal aborigines.
- The schoolteacher's wife, Kate, has begun an affair with Tony, the good-looking but rebellious Aboriginal teacher's aide.
- Unknown to her, Tony has made love to her on a sacred site.
- When this sacrilege is discovered, Mannga and Poppy, two local elders, decide there can only be one penalty.
- The following morning, Tony is found dead in his bedroll.
- To Ray Lorkin, the tough and pragmatic local constable, this traditional execution is murder.
- His determination to seek justice throws two laws into fatal and bloody conflict.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.