- "We were like brothers," I said, desperate. "You were my best friend—"
- He laughed then, and his eyes were the golden, hard, flat eyes of a jungle animal.
- "Like a friend once said to me, 'That was then, this is now'."
- I broke out in a sweat and was suddenly glad of the walls and the bars. I think if he could have, Mark would have killed me.
- Byron and Mark have been inseparable best friends since childhood, but now, at sixteen, they both sense they are growing apart.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.