- Language in the Mathematics Classroom provides imaginative and varies suggestions for extending children's responses in all modes of communication - spoken, written, graphic and active - allowing them to broaden and deepen their mathematical understanding.
- It also explores the connections between mathematics and language, looking at the many ways that children talk about, represent and record mathematics.
- Mathematics and language: the issues
- Language promotes learning
- Mathematical register, mathematical vocabulary, children's representations and recordings
- Spoken language and active communication
- Reading and writing in mathematics
- Tables, graphs and maps.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.