- Insights is a Grades 6-12 literature program for average to above average students.
- It is based upon a response-to-literature model that includes three types of general responses:
- Prereading - the personal, imaginative response
- Close reading - the analysis and interpretation response
- Postreading - the evaluation response.
INSIGHT has three general objectives:
- to provide a literature program based essentially on the interaction between a given work of literature and the student.
- To promote skill and understanding in responding to literature as a life experience and art form.
- To develop skill in recognizing and understanding the function of literary concepts and terms germane to particular literacy works.
- INSIGHT therefore, requires students to use critical reading skills as they respond to the craft and content of a literary work.
- Further INSIGHT gives students frequent opportunities to use writing skills in various writing modes.
- In both cases, students will experience carefully structured lessons that develop divergent and convergent thinking skills.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.