Adoption looks at the history of Adoption in Australia and the recent decline in adoption numbers and changes in current attitudes toward it; the positive and negative impacts of past relinquishment on birth parents and their children; and the search and reunion process.
The information comes from a wide variety of sources and includes:
- Government reports and statistics
- Newspaper reports, features
- Magazine articles and surveys
- Internet web-site material
- Literature from lobby groups
- and charitable organisations.
- Adoption offers a useful starting point for those who need convenient access to information about the many issues involved.
- However, it is only a starting point.
- At the back of the book is a list of organisations which you may want to contact for further information and a list of material for further reading on the topic.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.