- This Add Value to your science knowledge series offers a range of units designed for value-added science learning.
- The emphasis of each unit is on putting students in control of their own work as they move through a sequence of tasks to build the foundations they need for studying science at secondary school.
- All units operate on the principle that students will benefit in the long term from a greater focus on learning to learn and a deeper involvement with specific topics, rather than a preoccupation with racing through 'content'.
- By presenting knowledge in a range of different ways, they also support a variety of learning styles and reinforce learning without inducing boredom.
- Each unit can stand alone or be incorporated with other work on the topic.
- It begins with a non-threatening pre-test, which sets a baseline of what each student knows already, and concludes with a final test, which demonstrates the extent to which the student's knowledge has improved - the value added.
- The activities in between provide the supporting materials that motivated students can use to achieve full marks in the final test.
- This series is designed for year 9 students.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.
Ideal for Year 9