- Twenty-five years after the nuclear war, a community of survivors lives on beneath a protective dome.
- Sixteen-year-old Claudia and her friends have grown up in a utilitarian society, guided strictly by a protective ideology.
- Leaders in the Dome world consider the past as a corrupt and depraved era responsible for its own destruction.
- Claudia's friends have never questioned their way of life, but Claudia herself is secretly curious about the mysterious old world.
- When she and her friends meet the subversive Davina, Claudia becomes uneasy at her society's rigidity and its methods of thought control.
- Soon, Claudia is torn between longing for the freedom of the old world and her responsibilities as a youth leader in the Dome.
- When at last the ruthless Mentargh begins to suspect her of subversive thinking, she knows she must make a choice.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.