- 'I can't do it", said Matthew.
- Why did he feel like this?
- He'd killed hundreds of birds without thinking before.
- It was a job, nothing more.
- Yet now he felt like a murderer.
- Matthew is a boy from Cape Barren, one of the isolated islands in Bass Strait where, every year, thousands of muttonbirds converge to breed.
- In March the families of Cape Barren do what they have done for generations they go 'birding'.
- When Matthew returns from boarding school he is forced to question his background.
- At the same time a chance encounter with a conservationist, who has been banding birds on the island for years, brings him to a turning point in his life.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.