- Headway is a multi-level course for adults and young adults who want to use English both accurately and fluently.
- Grammar and vocabulary are taught and explained thoroughly, and all four language skills are developed systematically.
- The Headway series combines traditional methods of language teaching and more recent communicative approaches.
Key features of Headway Elementary include:
- Detailed treatment of grammar in two stages: at the beginning of each unit, where it is introduced and practised in a variety of activities, and then in the Grammar Summary at the end of each unit, which is suitable for self-study and revision.
- Systematic vocabulary work with dictionary training.
- Skills work sections for further extension and fluency work.
- Integrated pronunciation work.
- An Everyday English section which practises common expressions in everyday situations.
- A self-check in everyday revision section.
- This book also contains reference lists of vocabulary, irregular verbs, verb patterns and phonetic symbols.
- This Teacher's Book gives the rationale behind the methodological approach of the course and provides extensive guidance on using the material.
- It also includes background information, guidance on pronunciation, extra teaching ideas, photocopiable activities and tests.
Please note: Product may be an old edition or slightly damaged. Only while stock lasts.