- This resource explores healthy eating and making wise food choices in ways that will engage, involve and interest.
Seven activity-based units cover:
- Food and you - what students currently eat, what influences their choices, ways to make changes;
- Keeping the balance - the difficulties in trying to achieve a balanced diet, and how to overcome them;
- Breakfast fest - the importance of a healthy breakfast;
- Clean and safe - safe food handling practices;
- Is our school food conscious? - looks at the kinds of messages the school as a community gives about food;
- Salad days - nutritious salads and how to make them;
- Lunch boxes - provides students and parents with ideas to jazz up school lunches.
Ideal for Middle and Upper Primary