• In an increasingly technological world with growing curriculum demands for children to become technologically literate, many early years teachers feel lost at how to approach this topic.
• This book, written by the foremost experts in the UK in Early Years ICT, is a step-by-step guide on how to teach young children a variety of ICT.
• Importantly, this book also answers what many teachers feel is a weakness of ICT by offering suggestions for using technology to develop children’s creative thinking and provide opportunities for outdoor play.
• Many different types of ICT are explained through activities that even the most technophobic of practitioners can carry out — from work with simulation games, through to programmable toys and Interactive White Boards.
Areas covered include:
• Role play
• Developing ICT capability in the early years
• Adventure and simulation games
• Imaging movies and graphics
• Programmable toys
• IWBs and touchscreens