- The word 'behaviour' is often taken to only refer to inappropriate behaviour.
- By opening out our thinking and recognising behaviour as a means of communication we are much more likely to be able to support children’s development more effectively.
This book offers essential guidance on:
- promoting positive behaviour in the early years.
- recognising the complexities of understanding behaviour and the impact it has on children’s social development.
- creating positive partnerships with parents to develop a shared confidence in interpreting children’s behaviour.
- enabling children’s learning about their own and others’ thinking in the context of their social connections.
- practical suggestions for creating an environment that supports children’s emotional wellbeing.